Digiqole ad

Otumfuo commissions National House of Chiefs Renovated Building in Kumasi

 Otumfuo commissions National House of Chiefs Renovated Building in Kumasi

On Friday September 11, 2020; at ManhyiaKumase:

Otumfuo Osei Tutu II, Asantehene, joined the President of the National House of Chiefs, Togbe Afede XIV, Agbogbomefia of Asoggli State (Ho) to commission the refurbished offices and facilitiesof the National House of Chiefs headquarters building at Manhyia.

The building was constructed in 1949 by Otumfuo Osei Agyeman Prempeh II, to serves the Asanteman Council. However, in 1969 when the government of Ghana established the National House of Chiefs (NHC), without making arrangements for their offices, Otumfuo Asantehene donated the building to serve as the NHC, which has since conducted it’s business from there; and serves as the national headoffice of the NHC..

In his address, Otumfuo Santehene assured Nananom that the building was a donation, and therefore, it belongs to the NHC “in perpetuity.” Otumfuo gave that assurance to squelch unfounded rumours that he intended to take over the building. He also added that at the request of the NHC, he has donated land in the Kwabere District for additional facilities for the National House of Chiefs.

Otumfuo commended Togbe Afede XIV for his exemplary leadership since he assumed office in 2016; and paid glowing tribute to Togbe Afede XIV for his untiring dedication in ensuring that the building was wholly refurbished during his tenure. Almost the entire project “ninety-five percent” of it was completed under the tenure of the Omanhene of Asogli State. This, Otumfuo observed was due to the leadership of Togbe Afede XIV, and deserved commendation.

By: Sankofa Asante

Digiqole ad
Avatar

Andrew

Related post

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *